Manchester People First started in 1992 and has over 500 members.
We are open to learning disabled adults who live in Manchester.
To join, download a membership form click here.
We are run by learning disabled adults and are independent of services.
We give training, and support to learning disabled adults and professionals
and campaign for disabled people's rights.
To download our Mission Statement click here
• Stephen Hughes is the Project Manager.
• Andy Needle is the Project Co-ordinator.
• David Dunnico helps Just Info, our accessible information project.
• Barry Hills is a Project Worker
• Derek Owen works with us as an Admin Support Worker.
Service Audit project
We have been comissioned by Manchester Contracts to
independently inspect services for adults with learning disabilities.
• Christopher Kenny
• Stephen Blake
• Joanne Higginbotham
• Louise Crowley
Our Management Committee members are: Nathan Cairns, Ronnie Hailwood, Steven Hopkins, Paul Hughes, Shirley Odell, Tricia Phillips and Tracey Robinson.
Complaints Proceedure: To download a copy click here