Manchester People First started in 1992 and has over 500 members.
We are open to learning disabled adults who live in Manchester.
To join, download a membership form click here.
We are run by learning disabled adults and are independent of services.
We give training, and support to learning disabled adults and professionals
and campaign for disabled people's rights.
To download our Mission Statement click here
• Andy Needle is the Project Manager.
• Stephen Hughes is Additional Support Worker
• David Dunnico helps Just Info, our accessible information project.
• Barry Hills is a Project Worker and Service Audit project Worker
• Derek Owen works with us as an Admin Support Worker.
Service Audit project
We have been comissioned by Manchester Contracts to
independently inspect services for adults with learning disabilities.
• Christopher Kenny
• Stephen Blake
• Joanne Higginbotham
• Louise Crowley
Our Management Committee members are: Barry Edwards; Ronnie `Hailwood; Shirley Odell; Trisha Phillips; Rose Purcell; Tracey Robinson; Joanne Smith; John Timms.
Complaints Proceedure: To download a copy click here